At the start of every month, New Releases takes a look at the full month's releases instead of our usual weekly preview of upcoming games. November will see one shooter return to its roots with Call of Duty: WW2 and another launch into space with Star Wars: Battlefront II. Speed demons can also get their fix with Need for Speed Payback. On the family-friendly side, you can also run through Sonic Forces or save the multiverse with Lego Marvel Superheroes 2.
Call of Duty: WW2 -- November 3
As you can tell from the name, Call of Duty is going back to the second World War. But with a campaign mode set in the European theater, new divisions and modes in multiplayer, and the return of Nazi Zombies, it should feel like anything but a rewind.
- The Weight Of History: Exploring The Real-Life Inspirations Behind Call of Duty: WW2
- Call Of Duty: WW2 Dev Pledges More Anti-Cheat/Hack Tech For Full Release
Sonic Forces -- November 7
Sonic Forces is looking to mix up the hedgehog's formula in a few ways. First, much like Sonic Generations, both classic and modern Sonics will be playable in 2D and 3D levels, respectively. Second--and this is huge--for the first time in the series, you'll be able to create a custom hero to race alongside the blue blur.
- Sonic Forces Nintendo Switch Demo Available Now, But It Has A Bizarre Catch
Need for Speed Payback -- November 10
Need for Speed and the Fast and Furious seem like a match made in heaven, and that's what Payback is going for. EA says it's full of "action driving," and with three different drivers with unique abilities behind the wheel, there are sure to be plenty of action-packed stunts along the road.
- Need For Speed Payback Director On Building A Believable Open World
Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 -- November 14
Lego is upping the ante by having worlds collide in this minifigure-filled sequel. You'll have to journey through all sorts of Marvel universes in your quest to stop Kang the Conqueror. With mixed-up worlds comes crazy character combinations like Iron Duck (Howard the Duck in an Iron Man suit) too.
- New Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 Trailer Confirms Release Date, Reveals Big Bad Villain
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Officially Announced With New Teaser
Star Wars: Battlefront II -- November 17
Battlefront II is all about give you more. It has maps and heroes from across every era of Star Wars, with more to come as free DLC. Unlike the first game, it also has a full-fledged campaign mode with original characters. If you like space battles, those are here too.
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2's Campaign Length Estimate Revealed
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Dev On Showing A New Side Of The Empire With A Female Lead